She tagged me.
Here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
1. I remember a dream from when I was four where my brother and mother were spelunking in caves made of canned salmon. They fell through the salmon into a canned salmony underworld ruled by Herry Monster of Sesame Street.
2. Even though I know I’d forever be a “Come from Away,” I’ve always thought I’d feel at home in St. John’s Newfoundland, even though I’ve never been there.
3. I believe people should avoid using last names for their children’s first names (ie: Madison, Fletcher, MacKenzie). I privately get very judgemental about people who do that.
4. Two years after quitting smoking, I’m turning into an anti-smoking zealot (again, privately). So much so that I’m considering writing building services at my office to demand that smoking be banned from the employee entrance because I’m tired of walking through it. It’s partially because I find it rude but partially because I kind of miss it.
5. The first real concert I ever saw was Doug and the Slugs (age 12). The second was Corey Hart (age 13). The third was David Bowie (age 18). My tastes grew a little more sophisticated over time but I’ve always preferred music with a dose of humour.
6. I recently confused a Northern Irishman’s accent for a Scottish one and remain deeply embarrassed about it ever since. Next I’ll be referring to my family’s background as “Scotch.”