They’ve found some flu-stricken birds here in Quebec. However, they don’t believe it’s the dreaded Avian Flu.
Still, it probably wasn’t a good idea to lick that seagull on the way to work.
“A new poll shows that 66% of Americans think President Bush is doing a poor job of handling the war in Iraq. And the remaining 34% think Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church.”
- Tina Fey, “Saturday Night Live” Oct. 29, 2005
When I was last in the YSJ, The Blogger Formerly Known as The Rebel Novice mentioned that she was getting into an acoustic Frederiction-based duo known as Matt and Chris Time. She was particularly smitten by a song called “Montreal,” about a guy coming to visit a girlfriend here. So I looked them up. She was correct. It’s lovely (and includes a shout-out to St-Laurent Street) so I thought I’d get the word out to my tens of readers.
You can check out their New Music Canada page to hear their stuff. Be sure to also check out “Grassfires and Dogshit” and “Siouxsie, I’m Sorry You’re Dead.”